You can buy a SIM only pack online and at ASDA stores that sell ASDA Mobile.
If you're happy with your original mobile and have bought a SIM only pack, your phone screen may show the following when you put your new ASDA Mobile SIM in your phone;
'blocked', 'barred', 'incorrect SIM' or 'SP lock'.
This means your mobile is locked to another network. But it's not a big deal. Just call your current network provider to unlock it for you. You may have to give notice and they may charge you for this.
We're really sorry but these charges are up to each network so we can't take responsibility for any of these costs.
Make sure you use up any remaining credit you have with your current network as you will not be able to bring this over when you change to ASDA Mobile.
If you've bought a SIM only pack, and you want to use MMS (picture and video messaging), and mobile internet you will need to update the phone's settings. Please note Asda Mobile currently do not support Blackberry devices.
You can set this up yourself by visiting our Setting Up page and using our text service, or you can call the ASDA Mobile helpline on 2732 from your mobile
Alternatively you can text ASDA to 40127 to obtain settings for most types of phones.
If you have requested a top up card you will need to link it to your Asda mobile.
You only need to do this once and you can do it before or after you buy the credit. Please note the Asda Mobile Top-up Card is no longer available in the majority of stores, please speak to our Helpline to request one.
Call the Helpline FREE on 2732, choose Option 1 then pick 'link your ASDA Mobile to your top-up card'
Give the unique number across the front of your ASDA Mobile top-up card and the PIN number under the scratch-off panel.
This top-up card is then linked to your mobile and any credit you buy with it will go on your mobile automatically.
If you haven't already registered your ASDA Mobile, we suggest you do this by calling 2732. Registering will make sure that you can keep your telephone number if your mobile is ever lost or stolen.
Please note there will be a 10 minute period between the top-up card being used and credit being available for use.
Don't worry. You won't lose the credit you've added to your mobile. Just call our helpline on 2732 to request a new card.Remember you will need to link that card to your phone too.
Call the Helpline FREE on 2732, select option 1, then choose option 2 and enter the 12 digit voucher number.
If you've joined ASDA Mobile from another network and you'd like to keep your old number, that's fine.
We don't charge for this service so feel free to bring your old number with you.
All you have to do is ask your old network for your Port Authorisation Code (PAC). This is a code that lets you transfer from one network to another.
Once you have your PAC code just call our Helpline on 2732 or 0845 303 2732 from a landline and an ASDA Mobile colleague will be more than happy to help. You will need to tell us your PAC code and the network you are moving from and we'll take care of the rest.
The whole process takes just two working days.
With ASDA Mobile you can make and receive calls when going abroad. For more information see our Going Abroad section?
Please see our Network Coverage page, where you will be able to use our coverage map to check coverage anywhere in the UK
There are three easy ways to top up your ASDA Mobile, use your top-up card, us a top-up voucher or you can top up with your credit or debit card. See our Topping Up page for full details.
Checking your balance is really easy from your handset, just dial *#1345# press the call button and your balance will appear on your screen.
To check your mobile number, simply dial *#100# and press the call button from your handset.
Activating your phone couldn't be easier, just call any number or send a text and this activates your phone automatically.
List of handset commands as follows:
- Display Own Number *#100#
- Display Voice Mailbox Number *#104#
- Display Balance *#1345#
- Display Last Caller Info *#147#
- Display IMEI Number for Handset *#06#
- Display Time and Date *#103# This also synchronises with Network Clock
- Display Mobile Switching Number *#102#
- Display Home Location Register *#101#
- Full PUK Reset **05*puk*0000*0000#
- Bar Outgoing Calls *33*code# Code = Barring Code: default 1919
- Cancel above bar #33*code#
- Bars International and *331*code#
- Cancel above bar #331*code#
- Bar all Incoming *35*code#
- Bar all International when roaming *332*code#
- Bar all International incoming *351*code#
- Cancel All Bars #330*1919#
- Change defult bar code **03**old*new*#
- Activate caller ID **21*1473# Witholds number on every call
- Deactivate caller ID **21*1472#
- Temporary withold 141 the number
- Last Caller *#147#
Greeting on Voicemail
- Call Voicemail 121
- Activate Voicemail 1211>call
- Deactivate Voice 1210>call
- Activate Immediate Divert 1212>call
- Deactivate Immediate Divert 1213>call
- Change Personal 21212>call
- Call Return 121>call Listen to Message then press 55 twice
- Activate Call Catcher *148#
- Deactivate Call Catcher #148#
- Registering your mobile phone with us is easy and will only take a couple of minutes.
- By registering, if your mobile is ever lost or stolen you will be able to keep your number and help us to stop others from using it.
- You will also be able to top-up from your mobile via your debit/credit card.
- To register please call Customer Services team on 2732 from your ASDA Mobile.
ASDA Mobile voicemail is not automatically set up on your account. To activate, simply dial 1211 from your phone to activate. You can even personalise your greeting. Call 121, listen to the main menu options and select personal greetings and follow the prompts to record your personal greeting.
If you still need help please visit out Contact Us page.
Whilst travelling abroad you have a monthly data spending cap of £38 (excluding VAT) within our Europe zone - and £100 throughout our rest of the world zone - to help prevent overspending.
We'll send you free text alerts when you’ve used 80% and 100% of your monthly allowance.
Once you reach the cap limit an automatic data roam bar will be applied, and you won't be able to use any more data abroad for the remainder of your monthly billing cycle.